We’re incredibly grateful to have the chance to learn from others and experiment for ourselves with what works best on social media.
And we’re so very happy to share our best strategies with you!
To collect all these favorite tips in one place, we’ve compiled our top 25 social media strategies into a free ebook that you can download below. We’ve included strategies for Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, and more—all of which you can implement today, in just a few minutes and just a few clicks.
Read further for a full list of the strategies that are included as well as a sample page from the book.
25 Actionable Social Media Strategies You Can Implement Today
The full ebook includes 25 social media strategies that we’ve pulled from some of the most popular Buffer blog posts. Each of the 25 is something that we’ve personally tried or currently have on our to-do list. In every case, these are strategies that we greatly recommend trying. Here’s the full list
- Share the same content multiple times
- Include an animated GIF in “thank you” tweets
- Add to your Buffer in bulk
- Move your social sharing buttons around (or get rid of ’em)
- Use current events to boost your Facebook post visibility
- Use BuzzSumo to see who’s sharing your content
- Use a dummy account to save a reservoir of validated tweets and updates
- Tweet to landing pages with specific asks
- Include an image in your tweets
- Ask questions
- Organize accounts into Twitter lists
- Enlist a group of supporters to engage with your content
- Find and engage with influencers in your area
- Get your team sharing with you and for you
- Reserve your name on all social media platforms
- Schedule routine drive-bys of your social media accounts
- Respond to everyone
- Go to your archives to share evergreen content.
- Choose 1 to 3 areas of expertise
- Use as many of these 7 Twitter bio tips as possible in your bio
- Test your posting frequency. Here’re some ideas.
- Create a 4:1 ratio of types of tweets/updates.
- Hide your vertical Pinterest images in your articles by changing their height & width.
- Sort your stats to find your best updates
- How to show your boss or client the value of social media
A sample chapter from the book
This is the first chapter from the book: Tip #1 – Share the same content multiple times.
Each strategy is short and to-the-point, with an explanation on how to get started and why we’ve found the strategy to work.
What to do with all these strategies
One thing we love to mention with recommendations like these is to treat them more as inspiration rather than prescription.
Use these strategies as the basis for your own experiments on social media rather than adopting them straight away as your new normal.
We’ve tried to keep this in mind as we test out new strategies here at Buffer, and it’s an area that I feel I can definitely keep improving. An example that comes to mind: We often hear that there are a few ideal times to publish social media updates during the day. And every time I hear these studies I seem to adjust my Buffer schedule straightaway. Turns out, few of these best times have ended up to be true for us. Our best times seem to be at non-peak hours or at different intervals of the day, given our international audience.
The takeaway: Test out these strategies for your social media plan, and continue on with the ones that work.
The strategies mentioned in this ebook are the ones that have worked for us—for whatever reason—and we think it’d be cool if they’d inspire you all to try new things or think outside the box.